May 9, 2023
Annual Town Election
Tuesday, May 9, 2023
The Town of Provincetown will hold its Annual Town Election in the Auditorium at Town Hall from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 9, 2023. Those wishing to register to vote in the Annual Town Election must register by Saturday, April 29, 2023.
The Provincetown Annual Town Election occurs every year on the second Tuesday of May, and it is when the registered voters of Provincetown vote for nominated elected officials and on ballot question(s).
This year, the following officers will appear on the Annual Town Election Ballot:
- Two Select Board members for terms of three years:
- Erik Borg, Austin Knight, Austin Miller & Gordon Siegel
- Two Board of Library Trustees for a term of three years:
- Joan Prugh & Burt Grossman
- One Charter Compliance Commission member for a term of three years:
- Two Housing Authority members for a term of three years:
- Frances Coco & Arlene Weston
- One School Committee member for terms of three years:
Additionally, after being passed overwhelmingly by Town Meeting voters at Annual Town Meeting on April 3, 2023, voters will consider the following two ballot questions:
- Ballot Question 1:
- Shall the Town of Provincetown be allowed to exempt from the provisions of proposition two and one-half, so-called, the amounts required to pay for the bonds issued in order to pay costs of the MacMillan Pier Waterline Replacement Project, and for the payment of all other costs incidental and related thereto?
- Ballot Question 2:
- Shall the Town of Provincetown be allowed to assess an additional $1,058,476 in real estate and personal property taxes for the purpose of funding the transition to a Full-time Combination Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department for the fiscal year beginning July 1, two thousand and twenty-three?