- Council on Aging
- Outreach & Social Services
Outreach & Social Services 508-487-7080
* NOTE: ALL SERVICES ARE FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL TO PROVINCETOWN RESIDENTS
The staff at the Senior Center is available to provide information, referrals and support to Provincetown seniors and their families. Our Outreach Coordinator, Andrea Lavenets, will talk with you in your home, at the Center or by phone to help with any concerns you may have. She can also tell you more about the many programs and services offered by the Senior Center.
Please call for an appointment if you would like to know more about the Senior Center or are experiencing any of the following difficulties:
Need at-home support services Need transportation or housing Need supportive counseling
Have financial or health insurance questions
Feel lonely or sad
Would like to be more active
Worried about a loved one
Concerned about neglect, exploitation, abuse of a senior
Considering a nursing home placement
Don't know where to turn for assistance
SHINE stands for Serving Health Insurance Needs of Everyone. Call the Senior Center for an appointment with a trained counselor to assist you with health insurance needs.
The Senior Center is a designated Fuel Assistance site and can help residents of all ages renew or apply for Fuel Assistance. Call to schedule an appointment.
Meals on Wheels
Contact Elder Services of CC&I at 508-394-4630.
Gosnold on Cape Cod offers private appointments with a social services worker to town residents of all ages at the Veterans Memorial Community Center (VMCC) to assist with applications for services or forms. Call to make an appointment for help with finances, housing, disability issues, Food Stamps, MassHealth or other needs.
Call Andrea for current information.
The Veterans Agent has an office in the VMCC. Call 508-487-7099 for an appointment.
Health & Human Services Agencies
- AIDS Support Group of Cape Cod
- Alzheimer's Family Support Center of Cape Cod
- Barnstable County Department of Human Services
- Cape Organization for the Rights of the Disabled (CORD)
- Community Assistance Council
- Community Housing Resource
- Elder Services of Cape Cod & Islands
- Gosnold on Cape Cod
- Helping Our Women
- Homeless Prevention Council
- Hope Health
- Independence House
- Lower Cape Outreach Council
- Outer Cape Health Services
- Sight Loss Services
- Soup Kitchen in Provincetown
- Visiting Nurse Association of Cape Cod (VNA)
- We Can