2015 Election Calendar
Annual Town Election
260 Commercial St.
Ph: (508) 487-7013
Fx: (508) 487-9560
Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 12 noon
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Polls Open: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Last day to register to vote in order to participate in the May 5, 2015 Annual Town Election was Wednesday, April 15, 2015.
See May 5, 2015 Annual Town Election Warrant
See Election Results
See voter information
to determine your voter status in Provincetown.
May 5, 2015 Annual Town Election
The Annual Town Election was held on Tuesday, May 5, 2015
in the Judge Welsh Meeting Room, Town Hall, 260 Commercial Street. Polls open 7:00 am - 7:00 pm. See Election Results
Read May 5, 2015 Annual Town Election Warrant
Read Press Release and offices on ballot.
See listing of who has taken out nomination papers to run for office.
You can become a registered voter in the Town of Provincetown in a number of ways:
- Come in to the Town Clerk's Office and complete a Voter Registration Application;
- Contact the Town Clerk's Office and request that we mail you a Voter Registration Application, which you can then complete and mail back or drop off in the Town Clerk's Office;
- Register to Vote Online: To submit an online application, you must have a valid driver's license, learner's permit, or non-driver ID issued by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV). You must also have a signature on file with the RMV. If you don not have an RMV ID, you can still use the online system to create an application. PRINT and sign the completed form, and then mail it to the Town Clerk's Office.
- Request a Voter Registration Form through the Elections Division in the Secretary of State's Office.
- Register at the Registry of Motor Vehicles. Keep your motor voter receipt until you receive confirmation from the Town Clerk. If you do not receive any confirmation, please contact the town Clerk's Office to verify your voting status.
You may vote by absentee ballot if you will be absent from Provincetown on election day, and/or have a physical disability that prevents your voting at the polling place, and/or cannot vote at the polls due to religious beliefs.
Absentee ballot requests must be received by noon on the business day before the election.
Download and complete the Absentee Ballot Request Form or apply in writing to the Town Clerk and include your:
- address as registered,
- address where you wish the absentee ballot sent,
- the date of the election in which you would like an absentee ballot,
- in a primary, the party ballot you want, and your signature.
Whichever method you choose, the application must be made in writing and signed. You can mail or Fax your request to the Town Clerk’s Office. You can either have an absentee ballot mailed to you or you can vote absentee over the counter in the Town Clerk’s Office.
If voting absentee by mail, you may return your completed absentee ballot by mail or you or a family member may hand-deliver it to the Town Clerk’s Office. If mailing your ballot, please make sure to include the proper postage. To be counted, a completed ballot must be received by the time the polls close on Election Day to be counted.
Past Town Election Results
May 5, 2015 Annual Town Election
May 6, 2014 Annual Town Election
November 5, 2013 Special Town Election
May 7, 2013 Annual Town Election
May 1, 2012 Annual Town election
May 3, 2011 Annual Town Election
May 4, 2010 Annual Town Election
June 23, 2009 Special Town Election
May 5, 2009 Annual Town Election
November 19, 2008 Special Town Election
June 3, 2008 Special Town Election
May 6, 2008 Annual Town Election
November 13, 2007 Special Town Election
May 1, 2007 Annual Town Election
May 2, 2006 Annual Town Election
May 3, 2005 Annual Town Election
May 4, 2004 Annual Town Election
May 6, 2003 Annual Town Election
May 7, 2002 Annual Town Election
June 26, 2001 Special Town Election
May 1, 2001 Annual Town Election
July 11, 2000 Special Town Election
May 2, 2000 Annual Town Election
May 4, 1999 Annual Town Election
May 5, 1998 Annual Town Election
Past State Election Results
November 4, 2014
September 9, 2014 State Primary Election
June 25, 2013 Special State Election
April 30, 2013 Special State Primary Election
November 6, 2012 State Election
September 6, 2012 State Primary Election
March 6, 2012 Presidential Primary Election
November 2, 2010 State Election
September 14, 2010 State Primary Election
January 19, 2010 Special State Election
December 8, 2009 Special State Primary Election
November 4, 2008 State Election
September 16, 2008 State Primary Election
February 5, 2008 Presidential Primary Election
November 7, 2006 State Election
September 19, 2006 State Primary Election
November 2, 2004 State Election
September 14, 2004 State Primary Election
March 2, 2004
Presidential Primary Election
November 5, 2002 State Election
September 17, 2002 State Primary Election
November 7, 2000 State Election
Campaign Finance Reports
Changes to the Massachusetts Campaign Finance Law mandate that local election officials make available online their Campaign Finance Reports if $1,000 is raised or spent in a reporting period. Below are individuals whose campaign fundraising require that their financial reports appear online:
Cheryl Andrews Filed on June 3, 2014
Raphael Richter Filed on June 3, 2014
Robert Anthony Filed on June 2, 2014
Cheryl Andrews Filed on April 28, 2014
Austin Knight Amended Report Filed on December 31, 2013
Thomas Donegan Filed on December 20, 2013
Thomas Donegan Filed on May 9, 2013
Raphael Richter Filed on May 1, 2013
Erik Yingling Filed on July 13, 2012
David Bedard Filed on May 11, 2012
Elaine Anderson Filed April 25, 2011
Michael Richard Canizales Filed April 28, 2011
Michael Richard Canizales Filed June 6, 2011
David McChesney Filed April 21, 2011
David McChesney Filed May 31, 2011