Seeking assistance for behavioral health concerns can sometimes feel overwhelming. The Outer Cape area (Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro and Provincetown) is federally designated at the highest qualification of “rural”, denoting challenges with transportation, food access, social connection and critical care services. That's why we want to make sure Provincetown residents are aware of the Massachusetts Behavioral Health Help Line, a valuable resource that can provide you with guidance, support, and access to essential services. Since launching earlier this year, the help line has received over 11,000 calls so far.
Whether you're facing mental health challenges, substance use issues, or simply need someone to talk to, this helpline is here for you.
What is the Massachusetts Behavioral Health Help Line?
The Massachusetts Behavioral Health Help Line is a toll-free, confidential helpline dedicated to assisting individuals with behavioral health concerns. It is operated by trained professionals who can offer guidance, information, and referrals to appropriate resources based on your specific needs. Whether you're looking for immediate crisis intervention or long-term support, the help line is available to provide assistance 24/7.
How to Access the Help Line:
Reaching out to the Massachusetts Behavioral Health Help Line is simple. Here's how you can connect with a trained professional who can assist you:
- Call or text 833-773-2445 for real-time clinical assessment, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Reach help via an online chat option here.
- You’ll talk with a trained staff member who will assist you in accessing the treatment or support that meets your individual needs.
- Connect with qualified professionals for mental health assessments, crisis services, substance use treatment, referrals and more, with options in your own community. Staff will remain on the line with you until you are connected to your next step.
- Every call, text, or chat conversation includes clinical follow up to ensure your needs are met.
What Can the Help Line Assist You With?
The Massachusetts Behavioral Health Help Line can provide guidance, support, and resources on various behavioral health issues, including:
- Having trouble sleeping or sleeping all the time
- Feeling anxious or worried more often than usual
- Alcohol or drug use
- Feeling trapped or hopeless
- Acting recklessly or engaging in unsafe activities
- Feeling very angry or looking for revenge
- Talking or thinking about harming or killing yourself or others
Take the First Step Towards Support:
If you or someone you know is struggling with behavioral health concerns, remember that help is just a phone call, text, or chat away. The Massachusetts Behavioral Health Help Line (BHHL) is here to connect you directly to clinical help, when and where you need it. Even if you’re not sure what kind of help or treatment you may need, BHHL can help guide you.
More information is available at https://www.masshelpline.com/.